Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Shasta, more than soda

What a month. July was our busiest so far in 2010 and I felt, last night during our last set, that a vacation will be just what I need. Eight hours after that though crossed my mind....it turns out I was 100 percent correct. Like, I dont feel weekends anymore...and Mondays are some of my favorite days, so knowing I get a week to kick it in Colorado makes feel like a school girl....well...wait, what?.......,what did you hear?....maybe not, I feel good.
The tour closed pretty strongly in Ashland, Oregon. Fans always show up in serious numbers and bring every ounce of energy. Dancing all night, singing the songs, wearing shirts.....now that I take a step back from it all, it's pretty crazy.......crazy, sexy, cool(thanks tlc)!
Wait, you have to see Mt. Shasta; we are driving past it right now!



Don't mind the bug in the middle of the shot.

Anacortes, WA was pretty cool too. Jesse to this pic of me taking a picture.

Last night we got real wester and stayed in an open air, no screen log cabin on a 105 acre ranch in the high desert of northern California. Kirsten's mom's house.













Notice Chet and tickle me Elmo....i don't know who had more fun in that bottom bunk...Chet or Elmo....I honestly couldn't tell who was laughing more.

Oh yea....ur listening assignment; how about a track from one of the records I scored while I was out here. Queen, Radio Ga Ga off of "The Works". It's one of those songs you forget about, then hear it and think first of the 80s, but listen to the words and how brilliantly the song is put together.

All in all it's been a great first half of 2010. Thanks everyone for making our expirence in Madison and otherwise memorable.



Or lackthereof.


-mark

Location:I-80

No comments: