Tuesday, November 18, 2008

but the words are mine.


Alright so let me catch up with our adventure. The remainder of our days flew by us. We bid goodbye to our friends in Sharp and Harkins Band as well as Mike Droho and Anthony, and traveled to Spartenburg, South Carolina. Now Spartenburg is famous (to me at lease) for two things. 1. This private all -girls school, and 2. the world headquarters for Denny's. Unforunately we couldn't get a grand slam at either! We played at Wild Wings, which is a restaurant chain in the south, as well as an awesome venue. Our sound team was amazing and we had some of the best sound we'd had on tour. Everyone we met that night was super cool and supportive even though throughout 3/4 of the show their backs were toward us while they watched that Patriots/Jets game. I can't lie, Chet and I were watching too. We had some friends who saw the Duo in Arizona drive from Maryland to see the show which was a show of serious dedication. The highlight of the night for me was seeing Chet and Richard have a dance party with themselves once we got back to the hotel room....and as you should assume this was fuled by booze, and my documented evidence of this event will never be shown. Friday night was SWANGIN'! We played at the Atlanta Brewing Company, which is THE place to go before you go out in ATL. Some of you might have seen this on Dirty South TV, but if you didn't it was in a warehouse and smelled like feet. The crowd was strong, though and we made a lot of new friends and sold a good number of discs. It was so hot in there I had never sweat so much...I felt like Styles...seriously I'm sure you can see it on the video. Many props go out to G from Dirty South TV who helped us out, and cracked me up when he was filming by holding one "rock and roll fist" in the air while he ran the camera and ate a massive sub sandwich....a man of many talents and styles...all awesome, by the way. After that we kicked it with some people from the show at Fox and Hounds. We drank some drinks, shot some pool, had a great time, and decided to go to the Pink Pony. Now did I mention Harie is one of the baddest dudes I know. This guy hooked us up with some premium apparel for his clothing line, Rejunio, and took us out that Friday for a night on the town!!! All I will say is this Pink Pony = VIP, Free Drinks, Free Hotel, and Jessica Linn a foot from my face. Swangin!!! Harie....we can't thank you enough for your generosity, hospitality, and overall awesome spirit. Thanks, brother! We wrapped our Atlanta session up with an acoustic show at Marlow's Tavern. We played on the porch above the restaurant which was heated and intimate. It was great to see some of our friends from the night before (not Jessica :-( and great to meet all of the new people. It was a great way to end our southern experience. Hey bartenders....y'all were the best! Now don't think this tour was all about boozin', after all we are professionals :-) Finally there isn't enough thanks, love, and appreciation that I could express with words to adequately show my love for Shirley, Georgia, and Teresa. Y'all are family to me and I love you very much. Thanks for making me feel at home away from home. I can't wait to see you...believe me you will just have recovered by the time we come back. Thanks for believing and let's keep this mutherfuckin train-a-rollin'.

No comments: