Monday, October 6, 2008

Keggers and Cornfields

Last night was my first experience playing country music. As hard as this is for me to admit...it was fun. There are no metaphors in country, man. The singers tell you how they feel about anything. "I kicked my dog and I punched my wife and I never loved America so much in my life.." Its really quite insane. But there is an honesty that appears in other types of music which reveals itself in a different way through country music. And when its all said and done country is just pop music with some twang and a fiddle.

So I'm working with a great songwriter and this great singer who's been sought out by some Nashville producer. It's pretty much a recording gig with the chance to do a showcase later this year. A showcase, for those who don't know is pretty much an American Idol type situation where you play for "industry types" and they decide whether or not they can get rich off of you.

So I've been workin' on ma drawl, y'all. I'm fixin' to get me a naace stetson and hit up them keggers and cornfields so I can feel at home.

No comments: